At Beyond our Myotherapist’s are qualified ‘infant or baby massage’ instructors. We will teach you, in a private setting, or in a group class of maximum 3 babies.
Infant Massage will teach you
- Safety for massaging your baby
- Sequencing for massaging your baby
- Massage techniques for massaging your baby
- When to massage your baby
- When not to massage your baby
The benefits of infant massage may include:
- Helping calm your baby
- Reducing stress for the baby
- Improving sleep
- Massage oil that they may be using already
- Improve parent-infant interaction
There are some theories on how infant massage helps babies, some believe because massage can be soothing this reduces stress, stress behaviour and stress hormones which can have a positive impact on metabolic efficiency.
During your baby massage sessions you will receive your own organic apricot massage oil to use on your baby which is 100% safe. You will also receive a booklet on what you have learnt during your sessions so you can refer to it when you get home.
These sessions are run out of our Hawthorn & Blackburn clinics. Call 9818 7738 for Hawthorn or 8813 0359 for Blackburn to enrol today!