Workplace Wellness Programs - Wellbeing at the Office
Employer Wellness Program
Beyond offers an extensive range of workplace wellbeing services that can be tailored to suit your individual workplace needs. We are committed to help you, your team and your workplace MOVE THROUGH LIFE!
Wellness initiatives in the workplace
Did you know Wellbeing in the workplace has a BIG impact on your team?
Employee wellness describes both the impact of working in an office on your team members’ physical and mental health. Assessing what responsibility and impact the employer have on a team member’s health care is crucial in determining the culture of a business. Implementing the right wellness program for your group of staff is a great way of ensuring a happy workplace.
So if we know the benefits of these programs why not make them compulsory? As humans, we all don’t love being told what to do…especially when it comes to health! Creating a workplace wellbeing culture where people are inspired and invigorated to participate must be the gold standard.
As you are reading this, one in six Australian workers will be experiencing a mental illness. In Australia alone, poor mental health at work is estimated to cost the economy over $12billion each year, including over $200million worth of workers’ compensation claims, this doesn’t account for the human cost of mental health illness.
When we look at employee physical health we see a close link between mental health too.
The issues of employee health and well-being are especially important in light of increasing changes and uncertainty in business and the economy, with 74% of the workplace seeing wellbeing as worth the time and money, and 42% seeing wellbeing programs as important when job searching.
Employee health and well-being are important for your organization’s success, and poor working conditions/environments can lead to decreased performance. Safework Australiareports a $61.8 billion cost of work-related injury and disease to the Australian economy. If your organization encourages healthy environments, along with strategies addressing the individuals, units, and leaders, this will promote employee and organizational success.
Benefits for the workplace:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced work claims
- Improved productivity
- Developing healthy life habits in the workplace and lifestyle
“In a recent study, Workplace Health Services Australia showed that the most unhealthy employees are productive for only about 49 hours out of each month compared to around 140 hours/month for the most healthy”
Mental illness is now the leading cause of sickness absence and long-term work incapacity in Australia.’
A Deloitte survey in 2020 is shown that close to half (48%) of Gen Z and 44% of millennial respondents in the primary survey said they’re stressed all or most of the time.
Employee Wellness Programs we offer
Physical Health and Wellbeing
In House or Virtual sessions – we come to you!
- Movement classes: We can deliver Mat Pilates, Stretch & Release, or Strength classes to your team. We can cater to your time constraints, sessions can run for 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
- Lunchtime walking groups. A coordinated walking group to motivate the team, increase physical activity and increase their steps!
- 20-minute Individual Musculoskeletal assessments with recommendations and tailored stretch & exercise programs for each participant (programs conveniently provided to you using an App).
- 15 minute at the desk head, neck, and shoulder massage.
- Education sessions on physical health with useful resources for your team.
- 45 minutes Health Checks: Healthy eating, Physical activity, Blood pressure, Postural analysis (seated & standing), Core strength and flexibility assessment, Functional capacity testing, Spinal strength & mobility assessment.
- Stress Management classes
- Weight loss or weight control classes covering a wide range of the factors that influence this and the small steps you can take to start your weight loss journey. Including a healthy food review.
- Meditation class focused on mindfulness
Workplace wellness sessions run from our Beyond clinics – if you are a local business getting the team out of the office might be a great option!
- Before, lunchtime, or after work Pilates classes
- Exercise Physiology strength sessions
- Osteopathy, Exercise Physiology, Podiatry, & Myotherapy sessions
“Allied Health lead sessions – not just another Corporate Fitness company”
Tailored ergonomic desk/workstation set up
- In-house face-to-face or Virtual assessment designed to minimize the risk and recurrence of the injury, improve comfort levels and safety, encourage healthier work practices and maximize productivity. It’s important that all office personnel be aware of the working environment and how to effectively set it up.
Corporate Health and wellbeing programs
We have worked with large corporate companies, school groups, small businesses, and medium-sized businesses helping implement positive health and wellness habits with their employees. If you are looking to introduce a corporate wellness program we encourage your HR department or Wellness office to get in touch so we can develop a program that suits your team and business.
Our GIFT to you!
- Free access to our Movement Hub
- Member discount on our range of wellbeing, spinal mobility, and support equipment such as Bioceuticals Magnesium & Tumeric, Foam rollers, Lacrosse balls, and Therabands