As Beyond opens it’s virtual & physical doors, our practitioners are LOVING helping everybody in our community MOVE THROUGH LIFE (from their homes).
Exercise mats can be a bit of a breeding ground for bacteria which is the last thing we want!! So we thought we’d make it super appetising to clean your mat at home with this very easy (and lovely scented) mat cleaner recipe.
Homemade exercise mat cleaner:
You will need a spray bottle (just reuse something you have around the house, we used an old hair product spray bottle). The size spray bottle depends on how many people are in your house and how many workouts you are planning on doing. We used a small bottle purely because we like to mix up the essential oils regularly to keep it interesting!
- Witch hazel (If you don’t have witch hazel you can use white vinegar instead, you might just want to add a few extra drops of the essential oils to mask the vinegar smell)
- Tea tree oil
- Lavender oil
A note on essential oils:
Tea tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal. Lavender oil is antibacterial and also smells delicious (we all need a little calming lavender at the moment)! But don’t feel limited with your oils, mix and match and find great combos you love! Other great options with antibacterial properties are lemon grass, eucalyptus and peppermint.
- Fill the spray bottle ¾ with water
- Top the rest up with witch hazel or vinegar
- Add a few drops of essential oils (start with a few drops and add from there, you don’t want to over do it – a little goes a long way).
- Pop the lid back on and your mat cleaner is ready to go.
- Spray and wipe your mat after every workout.
Happy (home) exercising!