Exercise is highly beneficial for everyone!
Benefits of exercise include:
- Improved muscle strength
- Improved heart and lung health
- Diabetes management (including gestational diabetes)
- Improved mood and reduced stress
- Improved bone strength
- Weight control
Movement really is medicine and there are crucial stages of life where it is important to make sure that the prescription is correct for you. Pregnancy and the postnatal period are one of those stages. At Fitwise Physiotherapy, our clinicians have a wealth of experience managing and treating pregnant and postnatal patients.
Have you wondered if certain exercises are ok for your pelvic floor; if certain positions are ok for your baby during pregnancy; if you are at risk of abdominal separation; if it is ok to exercise if you are having back or hip pain and when it is ok to return to running or your cross fit class? Well the therapists instructing these classes have the answers for you.
We love taking P40 classes because we know our class:
- Is all about pregnant and postnatal mums
- Is designed to keep your fitness up and address your core
- Is in a safe environment – taken by pregnancy/postnatal physios
- Is fun, time efficient- focused on your needs at this special time
- Allows you to bring your baby along with you
- Has benefits such as: improved energy levels, reduced aches and pains, social support
- Is done in 40 minutes
The format is a 40 minutes of circuit exercises using spin bikes, weights, reformers, fitballs, rollers & bands for great interval training.
Whilst we love seeing our mums stay fit or regain fitness and strength, we also love the social interaction and support that is generated from within the studio.
Please note that information provided in this article is general advice only. For individual advice, we recommend a consultation. For more information or to book an appointment, you can…
- Contact our friendly reception team on 9822 4999 (Armadale) or 9486 0512 (East Melbourne)
- Book online. Select ‘make a booking’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen and follow the prompts
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org